- Sameer Pise
HOW LOW-CODE/NO-CODE PLATFORMS CAN ELIMINATE PAPER-BASED PROCESSES FOR NON-PROFITS
Learn how low-code/no-code platforms can help non-profits eliminate
paper-based processes, streamline operations, and increase their impact.
Non-profits are often inundated with paper-based and manual processes that are not
only antiquated but are time-consuming, prone to errors, and frustrating. It hurts their
abilities to improve donor management, raise more in fundraising, and streamline
operations for their internal staff.
Here are some examples of how paper-based processes might hinder success.
The Problems with Paper-Based Processes
1. Paper-based processes might hinder non-profitS & ability to oversee their operations
by preventing them from gaining real-time visibility into what & IS happening on the
2. Paper-based processes can make it challenging for non-profits to collaborate and
share information across teams, departments, and stakeholder groups.
3. Non-profits would lack the resources to thoroughly analyze their data because much
of their information is still collected and stored on paper.
4. Non-profits would be unable to expand their efforts if they rely too much on paper-
based systems that can't scale to accommodate the influx of new information and
financial transactions that naturally accompany the expansion.
5. Complying with rules can be challenging for non-profits. Paper-based methods don'T
always provide a dependable and accurate means to keep and access the data
needed for reporting and audits.
6. The costs and difficulties associated with the physical storage and archiving of
paper-based operations might be prohibitive for charitable organizations.
7. Paper operations are typically less secure than digital processes, and physical
records are more prone to theft, loss, and damage.
Thankfully, there's a way for non-profits to update their processes quickly, easily, and
with minimal technical expertise. The answer lies with Low-Code/No-Code (LCNC)
These platforms allow non-profits to quickly digitize their processes, even if they lack
staff with years of software training. Professional, working applications can be created
quickly and as needed using drag-and-drop tools, making it easier for non-profits to
maximize their staff, operations, and impact.
Solution Alert: How LCNC Can Help Eliminate Paper Processes
Non-profits can benefit from low-code platforms in numerous ways to overcome the
difficulties associated with paper-based operations.
1. Low-code systems offer online forms that can be filled out electronically. Non-
profits reduce the need for manual data entry, increase data accuracy, and
2. Dashboards, reports, and analytics that display the status of Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) in real-time are available in low-code systems, allowing for real-
time oversight of operations.
3. Non-profits can reduce reliance on paper-based processes. Digital workflows
may be created to distribute tasks to the right personnel, stakeholders, and
4. With the help of low-code platforms, non-profits may examine information
gathered via digital forms, gleaning useful insights, and seeing patterns that can
be used to enhance their operations, providing enhanced data analysis.
5. Low-code platforms can help non-profits adapt to growing data and transaction
volumes because of their modular design and expansion flexibility.
6. Low-code platforms can aid in regulatory compliance by facilitating the storage
and retrieval of data necessary for reporting and auditing and by validating and
encrypting data at the source.
7. Saving money, time, and space on physical storage is possible with low-code
platforms offering digital storage and archiving.
8. The danger of data loss, theft, or damage can be mitigated using low-code
platforms' enhanced security capabilities, such as role-based access control,
data encryption, and user authentication.
Errors, a lack of transparency, collaboration, and granular data analysis can arise when
non-profits rely too heavily on paper-based operations.
Low-code platforms can aid non-profits in overcoming the difficulties associated with
paper-based processes by automating data entry, providing real-time oversight,
enhancing collaboration and data analysis, scaling to meet increasing demand,
ensuring compliance, providing digital storage and archiving, and boosting security.
There will be less room for error and wasted time, more room for transparency and
efficiency, and less money wasted on administrative overhead if non-profits digitize their
forms, processes, and workflows.
See my other articles to know more about how low-code platforms can solve other
challenges your non-profit may face.
I am happy to chat if you want to know more.